Longest minute of my life....

Posted by Faheem

Today we had only one slot in the morning. After that pmt class I had to go to acads section for the add/drop stuff. I was told to meet the dean acads. This was the last thing to do in my case.


"be prepared...he is a pain"-told a much experienced senior. Santha kumar !!! oh it is true - never guess a person by his name.

I stepped inside the lift along with an old bald guy, pressed 4 th level. I was tensed . I had done my homework, how to speak ( esp "never mention things like 'my senior told....' 'grades'.... 'attendance' ....etc"). I looked at the mirror and did some gestures with my face and made myself prepared for the final clash. The bald guy was noticing me, with a small smile on his face. After reaching the academic section, he turned right and went into the dean's room. 'Cool....he is the dean, he doesn't look like an arrogant person'- I thought. Anyway I went to meet Jayashri madam to get the letter to meet the dean. There was no one in that floor except for a peon and some two or three staffs in the dean's office. "She ll be late"-staff. Many things were going through my mind when I entered the lift for the second time ....today is the last day for dropping...........I must meet the dean............he -----BLANK----All I could see was darkness. Oh my God....I tried banging on the door. I took the cell...range didn't matter because I didn't have any balance to make a call( as always)Thanks to the developers of Nokia1100 , the small torchlight was a great relief. I decided to wait, tried to figure out how high was the location of the lift , may be between 3rd and 2nd floor...Our emotions can play tug-of-war with our psyches under such circumstances. I tried my maximum to stay calm, still I continued banging. Thank God after some time the power came back. The lift went down some more and opened at level 2. I literally jumped out of the lift, and took the staircase.

0 comments: